January bookings at the Frances King School of English were higher than 2015, as the London language school met the challenges of the market with eight key innovations:
- New programme structure: FK has redesigned courses for adults focusing on their main reasons for learning English: English for Everyday, English for Study and English for Work. The core of each course is Focus on Speaking and then there are Skills and Topics Sessions focussed on Everyday, Study or Work, and Task Sessions with task-based learning.
- Lunch club: Students taking an intensive programme join the "Lunch Club": small groups of students and a native speaker host in nearby restaurants and cafes - meals included.
- Affordable executive: "Club 10" is a medium-sized group for professionals and a more affordable executive course.
- Exam courses: there are shorter course options and more flexible starting dates for IELTS and Cambridge FCE and CAE.
- New pricing structure: much simpler, with prices bands of 1-3, 4-7, 8-11 and 12-52 weeks. Many prices are substantially lower than last year, especially for longer courses.
- Faster accommodation confirmation: the availability on the website is being updated more frequently and FK is about to launch a new system to ensure much faster confirmation of bookings, including homestay.
- Residential Teenager Programme in Kensington, London: FK has introduced options for Young Leader and Trinity Examination Preparation and has re-designed the Fashion, Art and Design option.
- Family Programme: the minimum age for children, currently 8, is to be lowered - an announcement is coming soon!
"Now more than ever, it is important to respond to the changing needs of our customers and with the pound remaining strong against many currencies to offer quality yet affordable options."
Garth Younghusband, Director
Family Programme: the minimum age is to be lowered...