The English Language Company in Sydney has revised its Cambridge courses. This change is part of the school's continuous effort to improve the English learning experience for its students. By improving the Cambridge courses, school Owners David and Lyn Scott want to help ensure their students succeed in their exams while having a great time in Sydney.
What's new in the Cambridge course:
1. The introduction of the Cambridge TESTBUSTER, an intensive module taken in the final 4 weeks which focuses on test-taking skills and practice
2. The creation of the Cambridge Speaking Club which enables students to meet twice a week for an hour of intensive supervised speaking exam practice
3. Students identified as being at risk of not succeeding receive additional targeted support through the remedial Cambridge workshops
4. Finally, the Cambridge Getaway is a full day trip out of Sydney. Students are accompanied by their teacher on this free expedition.The destination varies depending on the time of year. In September, the teacher will take students to Port Stephens to enjoy a dolphin or whale-watching boat trip.
What won't change:
1. Cambridge Students who will need to use English at work can still choose the International Business English module and receive the Business English Certificate (BEC)
2. ELC is an Authorised Computer-based Cambridge Exams Centre so students take their exam at the school in a comfortable and familiar environment
3. Teacher Professional Development: Cambridge teachers take the ELC training program to enhance their skills in preparing students for their exams
4. The Cambridge in Sydney activities program always starts off with welcome drinks and includes the Cambridge Picnic as well as excursions every Wednesday. It concludes with the Cambridge Graduation party.
The next course starts in September 2014.
Cambridge courses at ELC Sydney