Become a member
IALC is about quality
We set demanding standards and offer excellent benefits for language centres that become members.
We recruit 5-10 new members per year through a careful selection process. Our annual plan prioritises certain languages and countries, in which we identify schools of exceptional reputation and invite them to apply to IALC. We may also consider enquiries from schools outside our annual plan that meet the criteria below. All enquiries are answered.
Check first that you meet these minimum criteria:
Your language centre must:
- Be a legally constituted private language centre operating for at least three years
- Operate year-round in permanent premises with at least five classrooms
- Teach the official language of the country as a main activity to clients from overseas
- Be economically self-sufficient
- Be independent of a chain, corporate group or franchise network of more than six language schools
- Offer courses and levels that meet clients' needs
- Provide course counselling, properly checked accommodation and varied social activities